West Coast Theoretical Chemistry Symposium: Schedule
Sapp Center, Stanford University, 28th March 2018, 8:00am - 6:00pm
Download the schedule as a PDF.
Download the poster list as a PDFBreakfast and Welcome - 8:00am-8:45am Session 1: 8:45am - 10:40am, Chair - Lee-Ping Wang, UC Davis
- 8:45am - Welcome and Introduction
- 9:00am - Raphael D. Levine, UCLA, "An Isotope Effect in the Electron-Nuclear Non-equilibrium Dynamics in N2"
- 9:40am - Daniel Levine, UC Berkeley, "Extremely Large Active-Space Calculations with Adaptive Sampling Configuration Interaction"
- 10:00am - Alexei Stuchebrukhov, UC Davis, "Concerted Tunneling of Electrons and Protons in Proteins"
- 11:00am - Katherine Klymko, UC Berkeley, "Towards a Thermodynamics of Continuous Active Media"
- 11:20am - Chenchen Song, Stanford, "Reduced Scaling Formulation of Multi-reference Perturbation Theory via Supporting Subspaces and Tensor Hyper-Contraction"
- 11:40am - Hans Andersen, Stanford, "Why is the Verlet Algorithm so Useful for Molecular Dynamics Simulations?"
- 2:00pm - Anne McCoy, U Washington, "Spectral Signatures of Hydrogen-bonding: Vibrational Spectroscopy of Solvated Ions"
- 2:40pm - Christine Isborn, UC Merced, "Modeling the Absorption Spectra of Molecules in Solution: Combining the Ensemble and Franck-Condon Approaches"
- 3:20pm - Julia Rice, IBM Almaden, "Quantum Computing and Quantum Chemistry: Where are we today and what is the potential for the future?"
- 4:20pm - Eric Neuscamman, UC Berkeley, "Interconverting Variational Principles for Excited States"
- 4:40pm - Ilan Benjamin, UC Santa Cruz, "Reactions at Liquid Interfaces: The Interplay Between Surface Fluctuations and Local Structure and Dynamics"
- 5:20pm - Thom Dunning, U Washington, "A "New" Multiconfiguration Description of Molecules"